Thursday, October 8, 2009

Billy's Submarine

The piece of artwork I used as inspirtation for this blog, "Billy's Submarine" (above), placed third in the Full Circle Fall Art Competition this week. I'm so pleased, as it is unusual for such whimsical mixed media pieces get recognition in art competitions. This little artwork was inspired by my husband, Bill, who as a childhood genius, actually created a tarpaper submarine which had a bilge pump used to make it "sink". Unfortunately, he couldn't raise it from its watery grave...even so, it makes a wonderful Daddy/Granddaddy story, and a great inspiration for my artwork. I will have to tell you about it another time, because the Full Circle art event starts in 25 minutes, it takes 5 minutes to get downtown from my house, and I don't want to be late. I'm excited. I LOVE being an artist! Later, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment